Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce. The Only Way to Get Fresher, Is to Catch It Yourself! Browse Our Cooking Range at Holland & Barrett. Great recipe for Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce.
If you knew the struggles I have with him, you would super surprised.. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For salmon cakes, in a bowl, combine the salmon, mayonnaise, green onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne. You can cook Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce
- You need 1 of red salmon- flaked with bones & skin discarded.
- Prepare 3 of Stalks Green onion chopped small.
- You need 1 packages of Buttery round crackers, i.e. Ritz, crushed (approx 1 cup).
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Or more lemon pepper.
- You need 1 of as needed Black pepper & salt ( 1/8 tsp or to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sour cream ( it was not as good with Greek yogurt, but was ok).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Capers, rinsed, drained & rough chop (RINSING is most important!).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil ( I use a canola/ olive oil blend).
Shape into four balls; roll in cornmeal. Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce. Traditional salmon patties or croquettes are often made with canned salmon and skillet fried. These are made with fresh salmon and baked, for a Lemon-Caper Sauce.
Nokey's Salmon Patties with Lemon Caper Sauce instructions
- Mix first 8 ingredients.
- Shape into 4 patties or eight small patties. For best results chill in freezer for 20-30 minutes or fridge for 1 hour..
- Mix next 5 ingredients (not oil) and allow to sit/chill at least 5 minutes before adjusting to taste as it takes a few minutes for flavors to blend well..
- Heat oil in skillet. I like my good non-stick pan. You want it nice and hot, med-high..
- Add salmon patties and cook 3-4 min per side..
- Serve with sauce over top and enjoy!.
- Sauce is also great over couscous! I always make the garlic and olive oil couscous and add in 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp dried rosemary before fluffing the couscous. Perfect side for the salmon. Enjoy!.
Zest the lemon with a handheld grater and reserve the zest for the salmon. Since the sauce is made separately, you may bake, broil, pan-fry or grill the fish. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg, onion mixture, garlic, parsley, mustard, reserved lemon zest, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. (Simply microwave a teaspoon. Shape into four patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.