Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Check Out Pineapple Upside On eBay.
Place a cherry half cut side down in the center of each. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. In a small pan heat the butter, sugar and rum (if using), on a low heat until dissolved, bubble for a few mins until slightly thickened. You can have Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It’s 1 box of Yellow cake mix or a homemade recipe for 12 cupcakes.
- You need 1 can of Pineapple slices.
- You need 1 of Maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar ( brown or white).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
Add a pineapple ring with a glacé cherry in the middle to each. Using an electric whisk, beat to a soft consistency. Now that we've covered pan business, let's talk ingredients. To make these mini pineapple upside-down cakes you'll need flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, rum OR vanilla extract (totally your call!), pineapple juice, pineapple slices, and maraschino cherries.
Individual Pineapple Upside Down Cake step by step
- Prepare cake batter as directions state and set aside.
- To make caramel sauce, add the cup of sugar together with the water in a thick bottom sauce pan..
- When the sugar mixture begins to turn color, swirl the pan to mix. N.B. Do not stir with a spoon..
- When the sugar mixture takes on a caramel color, add the butter stirring it constantly with a spoon..
- When the caramel is still warm, pour little by little into the muffin tin you will be using to coat the base..
- Remove the pineapple from the can and drain properly..
- Add one slice of pineapple to the bottom of each muffin tin together with a maraschino cherry in the center..
- Pour the cake batter 3/4 way full in each muffin tin and bake as per the baking instructions on the box or from your recipe..
- Remove mini cakes when it has immediately come out of the oven. Be sure to scrape around the edges of each cake and get a wide enough tray to turn them over to..
- Chill and serve!!.
Cut the top and base off the pineapple and carefully cut away the skin from top to bottom. Drain the pineapple slices and leave to dry on kitchen paper. Pineapple upside-down cake starts with a simple yellow cake that is inverted after baking to reveal caramelized butter and brown sugar coating golden pineapples and cherries. Top with fresh whipped cream for a classic dessert. These individual cakes are great for dinner parties and bake sales.