Neapolitan Marble Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! One batter, three incredibly delicious flavors.
To create a marbled effect, dollop each of the coloured batters into the cake tin, then pull a skewer back and forth through the mixture to incorporate each colour. Be careful not to over-mix, though, or the colours won't be as defined. Pour the pink batter into the bottom of the prepared cake tin, followed by the chocolate batter and then finally the plain batter. You can cook Neapolitan Marble Cake using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Neapolitan Marble Cake
- It’s of FOR CAKE.
- It’s 1 of recipe for the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cakes from my Neapolitan Layer Cake, recipe attached in direction step #2.
- You need 1 of recipe White Chocolate Whipped Ganache Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #8.
- It’s 6 oz of semisweet chocolate, melted right before drizzling.
- It’s of fresh strawberrys.
To 'marble' the mixture, gently fold through all three coloured layers with a fork or spatula. I made this cake as a faster, quicker version of my Neapolitan Layer Cake. We love the flavors of the three cakes together but the layer cake is hard to transport to places and time consuming with all the layers. This cake is not as much of a show stopper as the layer cake but it's easy to do and tastes great.
Neapolitan Marble Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 inch sprinform pan with bakers spray.
- Make Chocolate cake batter, strawberry cake batter and vanilla cake batter. Have them in seperate bowls. Recipe for all three cakes are in the attachment below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355848-neapolitan-layer-cake.
- Drop batter into prepared pan in mounds, stating with chocolate batter.
- Then add mounds of strawberry batter.
- Finish with mounds of vanilla batter , placing on top.
- With a butter knife cut through batter and swirl slowly and carefully so as not to mix together. You want a swirl look, make sure you reach to the bottom to get all flavors swirled.
- Bake the cake about 55 to 65 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes in pan then run a knife around edges of pan and realease sides. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cake with White Chocolate Whipped Ganache Frosting, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359637-white-chocolate-ganache-whipped-frosting-filling.
- Decorate top with fresh strawberrys and drizzle with melted chocolate.
It's also good to bring to picnics and events, or. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and then the fresh cream/buttermilk. Im not joking, this cake is the most soft, spongy and moist cake you will ever bake! Its so light, it taste healthy haha! but again to compare with the typical Neapolitan and marble cakes this recipe sure is healthier! less fat and carbohydrate, more protein from eggs. As usual I will include tips on how to successfully bake this cake.