Chicken Saltimbocca. Chicken saltimbocca – thin escalopes of chicken fillet layered with sage leaves, parmesan and prosciutto ham. Flatten each chicken breast and cut in half lengthways. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and add the chicken breasts, hamside down.
Remove recipe Save recipe Save Remove recipe Save recipe Print Rate. Chicken saltimbocca is wonderful with a side of your favorite greens, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, a salad, risotto or whatever your heart desires. I was lucky to find these pencil thin asparagus which I threw into my sauce for a couple of minutes to tender up and I also made a side of mashed cauliflower. You can cook Chicken Saltimbocca using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Saltimbocca
- It’s of to 6 chicken breast filets.
- You need of fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen then thaw before prep).
- You need of to 6 slices of prosciutto (1 for each filet).
- You need of fresh mozzarella (sliced) or grated fresh parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of several toothpicks.
- You need of red pasta sauce **see Basic Sauce Recipe**.
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon.
- It’s of flour (approx 1/4 cup…optional).
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat pan well).
It turned out to be the perfect midweek dinner and the leftovers were just as good the. "Saltimbocca is thought to have been invented in Brescia, where the name loosely translates as 'jump in the mouth' – so you can be confident that it will taste great and the people you cook it for won't be able to eat it fast enough. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
Chicken Saltimbocca instructions
- Filet chicken breasts or buy it already filetted. Trim fat off and pound flat. Salt and pepper both sides..
- Add spinach then prosciutto then cheese. Roll tightly from bottom to top and toothpick to hold in place..
- Roll each chicken in flour..
- in a deep frying pan heat oil at med-hi. Sear chicken on each side briefly. (1-2 min each side).
- Add sauce, stock, and lemon juice to chicken. Bring to a boil briefly and then lower temperature to simmer and cover for 15-20 min. Turn each chicken over and simmer for another 15-20 min.
- Plate and spoon sauce over chicken. Enjoy!.
- **NOTE** top with extra parm cheese and serve with rice or pasta or alongside grilled asparagus..
Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess. For this dish, we're going to use very thin pieces of chicken breast (aka, cutlets). I simply cut my chicken breasts in half and left it at that. Some recipes also have you pound the chicken until it's a certain thickness. I typically can't be bothered with that so I simple go in knowing that each piece of.