Chicken Tomato Soup. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Place the tortilla strips on an ungreased baking sheet. Add tomatoes to the pot and stir.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook a chicken in salted water until tender. While the chicken cools, cook the spaghetti in the remaining broth following the package directions. Drain the spaghetti and toss with olive oil. You can cook Chicken Tomato Soup using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tomato Soup
- It’s 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts (medium/large).
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of white hominy.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
Combine meat, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and wine in a pan and sautee until meat is just about done and veggies are soft. While the meat+ are cooking add the remainder of the ingredients to a crock pot or regular pot. When meat is done, add it to the pot. How to Make This Quick Tomato Soup with Canned Tomatoes.
Chicken Tomato Soup instructions
- Heat up pot on stove. (Medium/low heat) Pour in 1 tablespoon of of olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt/pepper to taste and cook in pot.
- When chicken is cooked, take out of pot and shred the chicken with 2 forks, or cut into small cubes..
- Mince/roughly chop up garlic. Add the chicken back into the same pot as before, and add the chopped garlic in with the chicken..
- (If you dont have fresh garlic, you can add garlic powder in later).
- Add in the 28 ounces of tomato sauce. Stir..
- Add in 1/2 can of tomato paste. Stir..
- Add in the can of chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
- Add in the chili powder, oregano, smoked paprika, onion powder, and 2 tsp. garlic powder (if you didnt add in fresh garlic in before, or, if you just really like garlic).
- Drain the beans and hominy and add into the pot..
- Add in the 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Chop up the fresh cilantro and add into the pot. If you dont have fresh cilantro you can add 1 tablespoon of dried cilantro to substitute. (It will look like a lot but thats okay).
- Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed..
- Enjoy! (Cooking time and servings are rough estimates).
Stir in stock of choice, tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Cook the pasta in a separate pot. Add the chicken back to the pot, cook for a minute if the chicken is not cooked through. How to Make Chicken Tomato Soup. In large saucepan or stock pot on medium heat, put olive oil in bottom of pan let heat up, add onions and garlic.