Basic Bread Pudding Recipe. Arrange the sliced bread in the baking dish in a pleasing way. In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, brown sugar, raisins, nutmeg and egg then pour over the bread. Sprinkle the top with golden caster sugar.
Pour over bread and stir well. Tip bread pudding mix into ovenproof dish. Sprinkle top with sugar, and place a few dollops of butter on the top. You can have Basic Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Bread Pudding Recipe
- It’s 4 slice of plain white bread.
- You need 250 ml of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 tbsp of castor sugar(or ordinary white sugar).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract(or essence).
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 25 grams of chocolate chips (I'd always use more).
Add the rest of the ingredients and squish together by hand. Stir the custard together with the milk. Trim the crusts from the bread, cut into triangles, then place in a large bowl with the raisins or dried cherries. Pour over the custard mixture, then carefully stir everything together so all the pieces of bread are coated.
Basic Bread Pudding Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Spread butter on the slices of bread. Use cookie cutters to cut the bread. Place in greased casserole..
- In a measuring cup, measure 250 ml of milk. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract into the measuring cup with the milk. Whisk to combine..
- Pour the milk mixture into the casserole with the bread. Let the bread soak up the mixture for 10 minutes..
- Add the chocolate chips on top..
- Bake the bread for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown..
In a large bowl combine the beaten eggs, cinnamon and cubed bread. Combine the sugar, vanilla, milk, and salt and pour into the baking dish over the bread cubes. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in.