Mexican Rice with Jacket Potatoes. I made Mexican Rice III from AR to go with an easy green enchilada casserole I made. It was okay but I was looking for a tastier option. I did not care for the Mamcita's Rice at all.
Heat the oil in a pan to medium high heat with the spices and bay leaf for a minute or until fragrant. Add the stock and tomatoes, and then season with salt and pepper. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. You can have Mexican Rice with Jacket Potatoes using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice with Jacket Potatoes
- Prepare 3 of big Potato.
- You need 4 of Blanched tomatoes.
- You need 2 of roughly chopped onion.
- It’s 16 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of Carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sriracha or any hot sauce of your choice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed pepper/ chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheese of your choice (grated).
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice (uncooked).
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 4 tbsp of spring onions.
Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. This quick and easy dinner recipe comes together with minimal ingredients. Ground beef and potatoes are simmered in a tomato sauce.
Mexican Rice with Jacket Potatoes step by step
- Cut the potatoes in half with the skin on, and boil it for 10-15 mins on high with a little bit of salt..
- Blanch tomatoes for 10 mins, add them to the blender with the roughly chopped onions, 8 garlic cloves, garam masala, salt and cinnamon powder and grind it to a fine paste..
- In a pan heat 3 tbsp of oil. Finely chop the remaining garlic cloves. Add the chopped garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds, add in the chopped onion to it and saute for another 2 mins..
- Add in your chopped vegetables, ketchup, hot sauce, pepper powder and paprika powder and saute for 5 mins. Add in the tomato puree to this and saute for another 5 minute..
- Drain your potatoes and scoop out some to make jackets. Fill your potatoes with the prepared filling, add crushed chilli, oregano and cheese on top of your potatoes..
- Take a tbsp of oil in a pot, add in your washed rice and saute it for 2 mins, add in water and salt and cook till half done..
- Add half of your prepared gravy to the rice and cook till done..
- To the rest of your gravy add 1/2 cup of water and mix it thoroughly, now add in your stuffed potatoes to the same pan and cover and cook till the cheese melt on low flame..
- Add lemon juice to the rice and mix it thoroughly, add in spring onion greens and serve along with the prepared Jacket potatoes..
- Note: Do not over mix the rice else it will start to break. Do not Add extra water or you will be at loss of flavor. Do adjust the spice and salt according to your taste but always remember this particular dish is suppose to be fiery..
- And please do not forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you try this out!.
Serve this dish up with some rice and fresh flour tortillas for a complete meal. What To Serve With Mexican Potatoes. I love to serve these Mexican potatoes inside of some warm corn tortillas and perhaps with a little bit of chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco to make some tacos. You can use them to make a burrito with a homemade flour tortilla, serve with fried or scrambled eggs. Learn how to make Mexican Jacket Potato.