Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Delivered straight to your door via courier in robust & secure packaging to arrive safely.
Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth. Assemble cake by placing one layer onto plate. Spread with some of the frosting; top with second layer. You can have Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of Carrot Cake.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 3 1/4 cup of carrots, grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Cooked up by Charlotte White of Restoration Cake. I have adapted this recipe over the years from a Delia Smith book! I love Delia's recipes but found that the resulting cake from her Carrot Cake recipe was not quite big enough for my liking. As with so many other things, cakes are subject to fashion and trends, with the current tides in the favour.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Grease and flour a 13×9 inch baking pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Then blend in sugars until fully incorporated..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves..
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture until well combined..
- Stir in carrots. Add pecans last..
- Pour into baking pan and bake 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean..
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy..
- Frost the cooled carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and enjoy or refrigerate until ready to eat!.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting? I don't think carrot cake gets the credit it deserves – it´s just so good! Probably one of my all-time favourites!😍😋 This spiced carrot cake is what some people would call a hug on a plate. Lovely warming spices, in a delicious cake and finished with a sweet cream cheese frosting. The cake is perfect to serve alongside a.