Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I always couple my Carrot Cake with an American inspired Cream Cheese Frosting. Whisk the sugar, oil and eggs until combined. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Cooked up by Charlotte White of Restoration Cake. I have adapted this recipe over the years from a Delia Smith book! I love Delia's recipes but found that the resulting cake from her Carrot Cake recipe was not quite big enough for my liking. You can cook Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of Carrot Cake.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of carrots, grated.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
As with so many other things, cakes are subject to fashion and trends, with the current tides in the favour. Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting? I don't think carrot cake gets the credit it deserves – it´s just so good! Probably one of my all-time favourites!😍😋 This spiced carrot cake is what some people would call a hug on a plate.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Grease and flour a 13×9 inch baking pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Then blend in sugars until fully incorporated..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves..
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture until well combined..
- Stir in carrots. Add pecans last..
- Pour into baking pan and bake 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean..
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy..
- Frost the cooled carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and enjoy or refrigerate until ready to eat!.
Lovely warming spices, in a delicious cake and finished with a sweet cream cheese frosting. The cake is perfect to serve alongside a. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. Store cake, loosely covered, in refrigerator.