Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing.. Food you never knew you wanted. Place the margarine and sugar into a large bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Sift the flour on top and fold into the mixture until just combined.
Add the flour mixture & mix well till all combined. If mixture is too heavy, add the water & mix well on high speed. Vanilla Rainbow Cake Cubes with Buttercream Frosting. by Charlotte Jain . You can have Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing. using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- You need of white sugar.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of of water.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- It’s of margarine.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of each of different colours (i use powdered colours).
- You need of Icing.
- Prepare of margarine.
- You need of shortening.
- You need of vanilla.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- Prepare of milk.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting: While the cake layers bake and cool, make the vanilla buttercream frosting. Alternate with small splashes of cream. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the flour, eggs, baking powder and vanilla extract.
Rainbow cake with vanilla buttercream icing. instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 160°C. It's a slow-bake cake..
- Grease & flour a 7 inch diameter round baking dish..
- Sieve flour & salt. Keep aside..
- In a bowl, add margarine + sugar & mix well with a mixer at high speed till fluffy and creamy..
- Add the eggs + vanilla & mix well till well combined & mixture looks curdy..
- Add the flour mixture & mix well till all combined..
- If mixture is too heavy, add the water & mix well on high speed..
- Take 7 bowls. Scoop using a serving spoon, the cake mixture & distribute evenly in the bowls. Repeat till all the mixture is used up..
- Now add the food colouring. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, purple. Different colour for each bowl. ( unfortunately, i ran out of blue colour, so i used 6).
- Mix well. DONT use the same spoon for all the bowls….
- Pour 1 bowl at a time, into the baking dish, spreading CAREFULLY to the edge of the dish. Make sure not to mix-up the colours..
- Place in the oven. Bake for about 1& a half hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle, comes out clean..
- Cool completely on wire rack. Make sure the cake is COMPLETELY COOL before spreading the icing..
- For the Icing:.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine & shortening till light & fluffy. Add vanilla, icing sugar & milk. Mix well. (U can add a tablespoon more of milk to make it the consistency u require.).
No special tools or skills necessary! Extra Rich Vanilla Cake Recipe with Rainbow Frosting By now it's no secret that I have a thing for rainbows. Whether it's a swirly rainbow cheesecake, a tie-died rainbow birthday cake, or rainbow chocolate chip cookies, I just can't quit rainbows. I have even been known to snack on homemade … This marbled rainbow cake is made with moist vanilla cake layers, and decorated with colorful buttercream. I absolutely LOVED slicing into it to see all those gorgeous colorful layers!