Walnut cookies (texture like macarons). Walnut cookies (texture like macarons) step by step. Add the sugar and the vanilla (I didnt used any vanilla, but vanilla will give extra flavour) slowly and continue with the mixer till the mixture becomes glossy and stiff. Add the cocoa powder and the well chopped walnuts and stir slowly with a.
In a bowl beat sugar, vanilla sugar and egg till foamy. Add walnuts and stir till evenly combined. Shape mixture into walnut size balls and place onto small edible paper circles. You can have Walnut cookies (texture like macarons) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Walnut cookies (texture like macarons)
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- You need 3 spoons of cocoa powder.
- It’s 300 gr of well chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 of tea cup of sugar.
- It’s of Some vanilla extract (optional).
If desired, drizzle or brush with icing made of icing sugar and a little lemon juice. Combine rest of sugar with chopped nuts and lemon zest. Carefully fold nut mixture under egg whites. Using two teaspoons, place small mounds of the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet or onto small round baking wafers (Backoblaten).
Walnut cookies (texture like macarons) step by step
- In a bowl, beat the 2 egg whites with a mixer till stiff peaks form (around 2mins roughly)..
- Add the sugar and the vanilla (I didnt used any vanilla, but vanilla will give extra flavour) slowly and continue with the mixer till the mixture becomes glossy and stiff..
- Add the cocoa powder and the well chopped walnuts and stir slowly with a spoon (not with mixer). The mixture should be as in the photo..
- In a tray, put some foil or cooking paper and put on top mixture by using a spoon and nake it in a preheated oven at 170deg C for abt 13-16mins (depending on the oven)..
- The cookies should be crunchy on the outside and very soft inside-similar to macarons. When they are baked, remove them from the tray and let them cool down. Enjoy!.
- As an extra tip, you can make these cookies as chocolate-stuffed cookies by doing a quick ganache. Put 1/3 tea cup of double cream in a pan, warm it up (dont let it boil!!), add 100gr of dark chocolate and stir till it becomes homogenous and thick. Let it cool down and become stiff. When it’s cool, take a cookie, add some ganache and cover it with another cookie. I never did this step, as I wanted to keep it simple and as light as possible..
These delicious little pastries are almost a cross between a cookie and a candy, and they're sure to be your new favorite treat! (Naturally gluten-free.) Good morning, my dears! Unfortunately, they looked more like almond puffs than macarons. If no one knew I was making macarons, they'd probably be thrilled to have these if they are peanut lovers. They are awesome to devour and gluten free. I wish I'd taken a better picture.