Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy. Add the leeks, garlic and celery. Sauté till leeks and celery are tender. When tender add the dehydrated onions.
Set the beef in a roasting pan, brush with the mustard, and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. If not, any white bread will do. Whatever you use, be sure to get it golden and buttery before covering it with mashed potatoes. You can cook Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy
- It’s of Potatoes.
- You need of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of powdered milk.
- Prepare of water to boil potatoes.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of Meat squares.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of peanut oil to fry squares.
- Prepare of Beef scramble.
- It’s of ground beef.
- It’s of large leeks.
- You need of celery sliced.
- It’s of dehydrated onions.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of heaping minced garlic.
- It’s of butter.
To save time you can use refrigerated mashed potatoes instead of making homemade. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and onion powder.
Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy instructions
- Wash the leeks and celery very well. I am not exaggerating to say I washed out a 1/2 cup of sand. Slice the leeks and celery. Set aside..
- Cube the potatoes cover with water add the salt. Boil till fork tender. Pour out all but a cup of the water. Add 1/2 stick of butter, Worcestershire sauce, and powdered milk..
- Stir and mash the potatoes if more water is needed add a bit at a time. Press the ground beef flat. Adding salt and pepper. Heat the oil..
- Cut the meat sheet into small squares break apart and fry each little square..
- Turn as needed and set on a plate do this in batches..
- Take the 1/2 pound of ground beef for scrambling add to the pan you fried the little squares. Add the leeks, garlic and celery..
- Sauté till leeks and celery are tender. When tender add the dehydrated onions. Stir in the onions and then add the tablespoon of butter..
- When the butter melts add the flour. Sauté for 20minutes..
- Add the spices and beef broth stirring occasionally until it thickens..
- Add the meat squares and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes in a bowl form a crater and fill with the gravy beef squares. Serve I hope you!!!.
Beef tips and gravy over mashed potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. A savory gravy loaded with ground beef, mushrooms, and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are a perfect companion for this dish because they are well suited to soak up all of the delicious liquid from the gravy.