Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Find The Best Deals On Bbq Sauce Hot Spicy And Save Money. Spicy Apple Barbecue Sauce This Missouri-style sauce is inspired by B.
Great on beef, pork, poultry and seafood. Make sure to keep an eye on the sauce so that it does not burn. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix applesauce, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and cinnamon. You can have Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce
- It’s 3 cups of homemade applesauce.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bottle hard apple cider.
- You need 3 cups of ketchup.
- Prepare 5 oz of Heinz 57 sauce (a small bottle).
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 1 of shallot finely chopped.
Remove from heat, and cool completely. Use to baste the meat of your choice. Directions Add the ketchup, sugar, applesauce, vinegar, apple juice, garlic powder, ground ginger, liquid smoke, onion powder, salt and apples to a medium saucepot and set over medium heat. Ketchup and brown sugar provide a sweet backdrop for the spice and tang from apple cider vinegar.
Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce step by step
- In a large pot heat up a little oil and cook until translucent..
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil..
- Reduce the heat and simmer. Let go about an hour or so to cook down and get to the consistency of bbq sauce..
- Hit with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender or had yours recently die making soup like mine let cool and ladle into a food processor and blitz it in batches..
- Instantly add some to crockpot to slow cook some pork loin for some amazing sandwiches. Or add to anything that needs bbq sauce or cool and store away for another day..
A dash of smoked paprika adds a smoky flavor that makes such a difference. Easy Spicy BBQ Sauce I saw jars of apple butter BBQ sauce at an apple orchard a few weeks ago. I thought this was a splendid idea—especially for ribs. I've scoured the Internet, and this recipe looks like the best bet. It's originally from Smuckers, (featuring their apple butter).