Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream). Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Make Their Bday Special With a Personalised Message.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and salt. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Spread the buttercream on the top and sides cake (Put the frosting in the center of the top of the cake and smooth it evenly. You can cook Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream)
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of cocoa powder (I use unsweetened).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 of vegetal oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste/ extract.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of expresso powder.
The frosting will cover the top in a thick layer. What's not to love about a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream? This chocolate cake is an all-purpose, everyday kind of cake and it solves all of your chocolate dessert cravings. It is an easy, adaptable recipe that is perfect for any occasion.
Chocolate Birthday Cake (with buttercream) instructions
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix dry ingredients (Coffee wont add any flavor, it will only enhance the chocolate flavor).
- Mix wet ingredients and add them to the dry mixture..
- Mix in medium speed (just as necessary).
- Divide into 2 (or more) pans depending on size. (I used 2 pans of 8' each for the cake in the picture).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes. DONT OPEN OVEN DOOR until the 30 min mark and then check with a knife..
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool and assemble..
- Look for my buttercream recipe to fill it and top it!!.
Pin it, bookmark it, save it. Stand mixer or hand mixer – needed to make the cake and chocolate buttercream as both are a big quantity Inside you have four layers of chocolate sponge cake. If your oven is big enough and you have four cake tins you can bake them all at the same time. If you only have two pans, you can use the same cake pans twice, which is what I do. Sandwich the two cakes together with chocolate buttercream; pour melted chocolate on top and let drizzle down the sides.