Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. Get a good sear on the pork chops and flip. Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce step by step: Sweat the onion until translucent then add the apple butter with all the ingredients other than the pork chops and no-salt seasoning. Let simmer for at least an hour.
What a better way to clean up the freezer than making bbq sauce to go on pork chops! If you notice the lack of garlic in this recipe. For the chops: To the same pan, add the butter and olive oil. You can cook Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce
- You need 2 of boneless 3/4 inch thick pork loin chops.
- Prepare 6 cups of homemade apple butter.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2-3 drops of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
- You need of No-Salt Organic Seasoning (Costco brand).
Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the pork chops and sear on one side until a peek beneath reveals a golden color,. While the pork rests, to the pan of reserved fond, add the barbecue sauce and demi-glace (carefully, as the liquid may splatter). Add pork chops to the hot oil. In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, bbq sauce, and apple butter.
Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce instructions
- Sweat the onion until translucent then add the apple butter with all the ingredients other than the pork chops and no-salt seasoning. Let simmer for at least an hour..
- Pre heat oven to 350°.
- Let pork chops come to room temperature and dust with no-salt organic seasoning while a cast iron skillet is heating with 2 tbsp oil..
- Get a good sear on the pork chops and flip..
- Let sear on the otherside then cover with the bbq sauce and put in oven for about 12 minutes or until done, still blushing on the inside..
Cover chops with the sauce mixture, add in the thyme, and cover skillet with a lid. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the pork chops all over with kosher salt and pepper. The sauce for these pork chops was delicious! I had a small amount of applesauce left from another recipe and these tender mild barbecue with a slight apple taste pork chops were a great way to use it.