Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders This hummingbird cake is always a hit with families or for any celebration.
Add eggs and oil stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This cake has a unique combination of banana, pineapple, coconut and spices. You can cook Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 oz of canned crushed pineapple, undrained.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of mashed bananas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 16 oz of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar combine to make the most amazing frosting that pairs perfectly with the exotic flavours of the Hummingbird Cake. The final touch for my Hummingbird Cake is a sprinkling of pecan cookie crumbs. To make the cream cheese frosting, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the butter and beat with hand-held beaters or a stand mixer until pale and creamy. Add the cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until just smooth.
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs & oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, & bananas..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Can put in 3 greased & floured 9 inch cake pans, but only bake for 23-28 minutes..
- Let cool completely before frosting..
- For frosting: cream butter & cream cheese together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of cake. If doing layers, spread between layers, up sides, & over top..
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans..
Place one of the cooled cakes onto a serving dish. Add a layer of cream cheese frosting. Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar , vanilla and cinnamon. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting on one of the round cakes.