Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Browse new releases, best sellers or classics.
This cake has a unique combination of banana, pineapple, coconut and spices. Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar , vanilla and cinnamon. You can have Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 8 oz of canned crushed pineapple, undrained.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 16 oz of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Use an offset spatula to spread frosting on one of the round cakes. Place other cake on top and spread frosting on top and around the edges of the cake. Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting This luscious hummingbird cake is soft, moist and completely delicious! An easy cake recipe made from scratch with banana, pecans and cinnamon and dotted with juicy pineapple, layered with tangy cream cheese frosting.
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs & oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, & bananas..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Can put in 3 greased & floured 9 inch cake pans, but only bake for 23-28 minutes..
- Let cool completely before frosting..
- For frosting: cream butter & cream cheese together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of cake. If doing layers, spread between layers, up sides, & over top..
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans..
The perfect cake for special occasions or afternoon tea! Super-moist cake made from bananas, pineapple, and pecans, this southern classic is totally underrated but definitely worth being celebrated. An alternative to carrot cake, Hummingbird Cake is the perfect vehicle for luxurious, vanilla cream cheese frosting. Molly Makes a Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, topped with Pineapple Flowers. This Southern layer cake features a crowd-pleasing combination of b.