Roasted Garlic & Tarragon Sauce. Search For Roasted Garlic Recipes Now! Roasted garlic is also versatile—whether you turn it into a mouthwatering spread for Roasted Garlic Bread or finely chop it for Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Roasted Garlic Cauliflower, there are so many delicious uses for it. Eating garlic also has plenty of health benefits—it's high in antioxidants and it may help lower your cholesterol.
Slice off the top each head of garlic to expose some of the cloves inside. Place the heads on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. You can cook Roasted Garlic & Tarragon Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Garlic & Tarragon Sauce
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of parsley stems.
- You need of peppercorn melange (unground).
- You need of fennel seeds.
- You need of small red onion; minced.
- Prepare of garlic; roasted.
- You need of tarragon; minced.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- You need of cold water.
- You need of kosher salt.
- You need of olive oil; as needed.
Roast until cloves are lightly browned. Roasted garlic is an easy and affordable way to add a savory boost to almost any meal. The long, slow cooking mellows the garlic's bite and leaves rich, deep flavor and silky texture in its place. Use it to make Roasted-Garlic Bread, Garlic and Chive Dip, or Garlic-Stuffed Roast Chicken.
Roasted Garlic & Tarragon Sauce instructions
- Combine chicken stock, peppercorns, parsley stems, and fennel seeds in a small sauce pot. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until reduced by 1/2, about 20 minutes..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium saucepan. Add red onion. Sweat over medium-low heat until onions begin to become translucent. Add worcestershire sauce. Reduce by 3/4..
- Strain then add chicken stock and roasted garlic. Whisk. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes..
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water. Add to sauce while whisking. Bring back to a boil for 30 seconds..
- Reduce to a simmer. Add tarragon. Stir. Adjust seasoning. Serve..
- Variations; Vegetable stock, vegetable oil, butter, capers, celery, celery seed, chervil, chives, lemon, grapefruit, mustard, mushrooms, orange, paprika, shallots, fines herbes, thyme, lovage, marjoram, mint, tomato, spinach, leeks, vinegar, sherry, red wine, apple juice or concentrate,.
Insanely creamy and with a rich umami flavor that will instantly upgrade any meal, you can add roasted garlic to almost anything savory. The applications for using roasted garlic are endless. You can spread some of this buttery, nutty deliciousness on a piece of crusty baguette. Or you can stir it into your favorite pasta dish or soups. Or you can mash it with a little salt and olive oil and spread it on a pizza crust before adding the other ingredients.