Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This hummingbird cake is always a hit with families or for any celebration. It's a moist cake flavored with cinnamon, pineapple, pecans, and bananas and topped with a cream cheese frosting. Combine flour, caster sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda and ground cinnamon.
This cake has a unique combination of banana, pineapple, coconut and spices. Butter, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar combine to make the most amazing frosting that pairs perfectly with the exotic flavours of the Hummingbird Cake. The final touch for my Hummingbird Cake is a sprinkling of pecan cookie crumbs. You can have Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of eggs, beaten.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of canned crushed pineapple, undrained.
- Prepare of chopped pecans.
- You need of mashed bananas.
- It’s of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of butter or margarine, softened.
- You need of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
To make the cream cheese frosting, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the butter and beat with hand-held beaters or a stand mixer until pale and creamy. Add the cream cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until just smooth. Place one of the cooled cakes onto a serving dish. Add a layer of cream cheese frosting.
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs & oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, & bananas..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Can put in 3 greased & floured 9 inch cake pans, but only bake for 23-28 minutes..
- Let cool completely before frosting..
- For frosting: cream butter & cream cheese together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of cake. If doing layers, spread between layers, up sides, & over top..
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans..
Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar , vanilla and cinnamon. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting on one of the round cakes. Place other cake on top and spread frosting on top and around the edges of the cake. Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting This luscious hummingbird cake is soft, moist and completely delicious!