Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in.
In a large jug, whisk together the milk, double cream, eggs, caster sugar and orange zest. Cook's tip : give it an international flavour by simply switching the bread. A bread and butter pudding is a classic British dessert that's big on taste yet so easy to make. You can cook Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes
- Prepare 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 6 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 250 grams of homemade bread crumbs,made from breakfast rolls.
- It’s 1/4 liter of milk.
- You need 125 grams of each, currants,raisins, ground almonds or other nuts.
- You need 200 ml of brown rum.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- You need 1 of recipe for sauce.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of red or rose wine,(only use one you would drink).
- It’s 185 grams of sugar.
It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. Sprinkle with sugar and dried fruit. Repeat layers until all the bread is evenly distributed, then mix the egg, milk and nutmeg, and pour over the bread. Press down firmly to compress the pudding and help the bread absorb the milk mixture.
Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes step by step
- Mix butter together with sugar and yolk until creamy, fold gently under then add the bread crumbs and milk,add raisins,currants and almonds. Whisk the egg white to a almost solid form and lift under..
- Grease your pudding or cake pan (2 ltr) and cover with dust with some bread crumbs..
- Fill to 3/4 with mixture. cover tightly with tin foil and add to big sauce pan. fill halfway up to the pudding pan with water.cover lot with lid.Simmer for about 1 hour,than leave standing for 15 minutes on stove..
- For the sauce mix all ingredients and heat gently whisking all the time until thickened,when thickened take of heat and whisk some more. Serve at once and enjoy..
We've provided the details above for information purposes only, to enhance your experience of the Aldi website. We've tried our best to make sure everything is accurate, but you should always read the label before consuming or using the product. Slowly pour the custard over the bread pudding, being careful to soak all the bread. Scatter the surface with the remaining sugar and grate over a little nutmeg. Suitable for freezing when raw or cooked (wrap the dish containing the.