Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Place the saucepan on stovetop on medium-high heat and wait till it starts to boil.
It's a sweet, thick, tomato-based barbecue sauce that matches the Kansas City style. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. You can cook Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- You need 1 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 4 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Heat on medium heat to a low boil. Simmer the mixture, whisking frequently until the sugar has dissolved. This sweet Bourbon barbecue sauce recipe is really quick to prepare and surprisingly doesn't have any added sugar. It isn't sugar free however because the sweetness comes from a healthy dose of maple syrup and molasses combined with what I would call the "traditional" ingredients common to many barbecue sauces.
Sweet Bourbon Barbecue Sauce step by step
- Simmer 1 cup bourbon in a pot for 5 minutes until reduced by about half..
- Dice shallot and garlic and add to pot, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to pot, simmering for 20 minutes..
- Check salt levels, cool and refrigerate a few hours before serving to allow flavors to fully meld..
It is a Kansas City BBQ sauce-meets-Kentucky BBQ sauce. The classic Coke & Brown Sugar with a hint of Bourbon is really what sets this recipe off. It is the perfect blend of sweet, a little spice, and even a little smoke. The next time you grill ribs, chicken, or even a tenderloin, you will have this in your arsenal. Sweet Baby Ray'sÃ Â® Sauce & Marinade Kickin' Bourbon.