LAUSD cinnamon roll recipe. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! To make the rolls, dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk.
Every time I make them I enjoy happy memories as well as delicious cinnamon rolls. Thank you to all who contributed, and we hope Norma is able to make these rolls soon. I am looking for it, too! You can have LAUSD cinnamon roll recipe using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of LAUSD cinnamon roll recipe
- Prepare of Pastry.
- Prepare 4 of cakes or packages dry yeast or 3 tbs dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk or 1 cup milk plus 1 cup water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of cake flour.
- You need 5 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 3/4-1 1/2 teaspoons of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or margarine, melted.
- It’s of Cake crumb filling.
- It’s 1 cup of plain cake crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir into shortening-sugar mixture. Mix the flour, caster sugar and cinnamon together with a pinch of salt in a bowl. Whisk the butter, egg yolks and milk together and combine with the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. The dough for these cinnamon buns is made in a bread machine before it is shaped into buns and baked in the oven.
LAUSD cinnamon roll recipe step by step
- To make the rolls, dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk. Combine sugar, salt, shortening and egg in mixer bowl and mix 1 minute at low speed. Add milk mixture and mix 1 minute. Add flours and nutmeg and mix only enough for flour to be well incorporated, not more than 5 minutes. Knead well until smooth and elastic. Let rise until doubled in bulk..
- To make cake crumb filling, combine cake crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon, and mix well..
- Roll dough out into 13-by-27-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cake crumb filling. Roll up jelly roll fashion. Slice into 17 or 18 (1 1/2 inch) slices..
- Place on greased baking sheets and pat out fairly flat. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes..
- To make glaze, mix sugar into hot water until smooth. Stir in vanilla..
- When rolls are partially cool, brush with powdered sugar glaze. Makes 17 to 18 rolls..
If you don't have a bread machine, follow the notes at the bottom of this recipe. These American favourites are relatively easy to make, and nothing. Brown beef and drain off fat. Add flour and stir in salt, pepper to taste, oregano and sugar. Add tomato puree and canned tomatoes and simmer until flavors are well blended.