Mexican Rice. Discover All The Different Zatarain's® Recipes For Some New Orleans Flavor. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain/basmati rice, washed and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 of capsicum, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of carrot, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peas.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of veg stock / water.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander, finely chopped.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil and roast 1 cup basmati rice. make sure to rinse basmati rice well and drain off the water..
- Roast on low flame for 5 minutes or till nutty aroma comes and rice turns golden brown. now add ½ onion, ½ capsicum, 2 tbsp carrot, 2 tbsp corn, 2 tbsp peas and 3 clove garlic. saute for 2 minutes, or till vegetables shrink slightly..
- Now add 2 cup veg stock or use water. Also add tomato puree, crushed pepper, salt, cumin powder, chilli flakes, dried oregano and mix well..
- Get the water to a boil on high flame. Now cover and simmer for 20 minutes or till rice is cooked completely. After 20 minutes, stir the rice gently without breaking rice grains..
- Turn off the flame, cover and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Finally, mexican rice recipe is ready to serve with lemon and coriander..
This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan.