Chocolate Guinness cake with whipped cream icing. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Malty, smoky Guinness stout brings out the rich chocolate flavor in this cake, similar to adding espresso or coffee. The malty flavor and sour cream makes this rich chocolate cake practically melt in your mouth. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined. You can cook Chocolate Guinness cake with whipped cream icing using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Guinness cake with whipped cream icing
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Guinness or use 1/2 cup guinness and substitute the other.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of margarine or butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until. Nigella's Chocolate Guinness Cake (from FEAST) is a popular cake and is topped with a frosting that is a mixture of cream cheese and whipped cream. The frosting resembles the frothy topping on a glass of Guinness but is quite soft and probably not so suitable for sandwiching a cake together. A semi-naked cake is one that has a very thin layer of frosting on the sides, so that some of the edges.
Chocolate Guinness cake with whipped cream icing instructions
- In a bowl,add half a can of Guinness beer and half a cup of butter milk. You can use the whole can and omit the buttermilk..
- Add in the coffee and vanilla essence and set aside. Stir them together..
- In another bowl,add the flour, baking powder,baking soda, cocoa powder and salt,sieve. Mix and set a side..
- In a 3rd bowl,add your butter,add sugar and mix until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time as u mix. Then pour the mayonnaise and give it one last mix..
- To this mixture above,add the flour mixture as you mix alternating with the wet ingredients,bit by bit..
- Once well combined,pour into your baking tin and bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or until well baked..
- I used whipped creme as icing on the cake..
This has two pluses: keeping the icing fresh in warm weather (put cup in the fridge) and enabling those not keen on the icing to give it a miss. The cake is a family favourite and a first choice birthday cake for everyone! Key to bundt success is a Gordon. A chocolatey Guinness cake and ganache are layered together and covered with Baileys buttercream frosting in this luxurious Guinness Chocolate Layer Cake! The cake is super moist and fluffy and the flavors are to die for!