Slow Cooker Chicken Stew. Check out our best prices for chicken stew slow cooker and similar. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Add the butternut squash, chicken stock, thyme and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
Add cornstarch mixture and frozen peas or edamame (and tofu, if using) to the slow cooker, stir well. Sprinkle salt, onion and garlic powder over chicken. Stir tomato paste into jar of gravy. You can have Slow Cooker Chicken Stew using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- You need 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 4 medium of Yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery.
- You need 4 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 of soup can water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
To make slow cooker chicken stew: Combine all ingredients except for the peas and stir together. When finished cooking, stir in frozen peas & enjoy! Place the chicken, vegetables, garlic and seasoning into the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces (roughly 3/4”). Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, flour, salt, and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add the chicken, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Place the chicken in a slow cooker..
- Cut the potatoes and celery into roughly 3/4” inch pieces and add to the cooker. Peel the carrots and cut them into similarly sized pieces. Do the same with the onion. Roughly chop the parsley and add it into the slow cooker with all the vegetables and the chicken..
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup with water, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over chicken and vegetables in the cooker..
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with a side of biscuits..
Take the cornstarch and mix it into the cream. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, apart from the gravy granules. Give everything a gentle stir to mix together. Pour the stock into the slow cooker. Check seasoning, add lemon juice to taste, and.