General Toink (Tso but pork). General Toink (Tso but pork) I'm not a fan of white meat chicken, so hardly eat General Tso, but this one was awesome. Was pretty easy, and a lot of flavor. This healthy General Tso's Pork couldn't be easier to make and comes together quicker than you can call for takeout.
General Tso's chicken is one of the most popular dishes in North American Chinese restaurants. Here we substitute the pork with chicken to make this air fryer General Tso's pork. The delicious tender crispy pork glazed with mildly sweet and sour sauce is simply irresistible! You can have General Toink (Tso but pork) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of General Toink (Tso but pork)
- It’s of Meat.
- You need large of egg.
- It’s 1 lb of country style pork ribs.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry ginger.
- You need 1 each of crushed red pepper.
- You need of General.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
This General Tso Marinade captures the taste of your local Chinese restaurant and brings it home without ordering out! The flavor of this is simply amazing, just the correct amount of sweetness to go along with a mild heat from red pepper flakes. Marinate chicken, or even better yet pork for a dish that will make your family think you've ordered out! Roasted Pork Tenderloin with General Tso's Sauce.
General Toink (Tso but pork) step by step
- Heat vegetable oil in large nonstick pan or skillet.
- Mix together all the meat ingredients, except meat, in medium bowl (first 5 ingredients).
- Cut meat into about 1 inch cubes.
- Add cubed meat to egg mixture, mix well so all meat is covered.
- Add meat to heated pan, now it's best to cook in a couple batches, but I just dump it all in and stir until the outside cooks enough so they don't stick together..
- While the meat is cooking, mix together sauce ingredients (rest of the ingredients). Heat – 1/2 tsp is mild 1 tsp is a tad spicy.
- When meat is cooked to your liking, remove to a plate, put pan back on heat..
- Put sauce in pan, bring to a boil, allow to thicken. About 2 minutes.
- Add meat back into sauce, heat through. About 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice..
A filled rating star A filled rating star. General Tso's Pork Stir Fry recipe adapted from Food. Stir in the green onion, garlic, whole chiles, and orange zest. Cook and stir a minute or two until the garlic has turned golden and the chiles brighten. This General Tso's chicken/pork meatballs is a great alternative to a classic Chinese staple, but healthier and just as comforting.