Landslide Chili. By a landslide! (That's how it was announced) So I call it my landslide chili(: Makes a big pot, but it does freeze well. A landslide caused by torrential rain has killed at least five people in southern Chile and has destroyed dozens of houses. Fifteen people are missing in the remote village of Villa Santa Lucía in.
The Villa Santa Lucia landslide: videos and images start to hint at the cause. Over the course of yesterday it slowly started to become clear that the Villa Santa Lucia landslide in Chile on Saturday was an extremely large failure event. The most important image that I have seen to date is this Reuters image of the source zone of the landslide:- Reuters image of the source of the Villa Santa. You can have Landslide Chili using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Landslide Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 1 lb of breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Deans regular).
- It’s 1 of large diced sweet onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlice minced.
- Prepare 2 cans of dark red kidney beans rinsed.
- You need 1 can of black beans rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large can diced tomatoes 28oz (I like Furmans).
- Prepare 3 cans of tomato sauce 15oz (I like contadina).
- You need 1/4 cup of chili powder (don't be scared lol).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of juice from a jar of jalapenos (I think this is what makes it 1st place!).
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
A state of emergency has been declared in southern Chile after a landslide devastated an entire village. At least five people were killed and dozens of homes. A video taken from a helicopter by Chilean police showed a vast swath of the remote town of Villa Santa Lucia, near Chaiten in coastal Patagonia, buried beneath the mud as the landslide ploughed. An overwhelming majority vote to tear up the dictatorship-era constitution and create a new one.
Landslide Chili instructions
- Brown the burger, sausage, and onion together on medium heat so you don't burn the onion.
- Add the garlic when your meats are about half way done. It burns easily..
- Drain off the fat. I just cook it in the pot I use for my chili. Tip it to one side, push the meat to the other side and spoon it out (less dishes lol).
- Add the rest of ingredients. If you want it spicier chop some of those jalapenos and add. The juice alone does add some heat..
- Stir. Simmer low for at least 2 hours or more. Just keep it low. (Your home will smell amazing!).
- Serve with your favs. We like more jalapenos, grated cheese, sour cream, diced onion, tortilla chips, or even fritos. YUMMM.
Maraming bahay ang natabunan ng lupa sa Chile matapos ang malakas na pag-ulan doon. Bukod sa mga nasirang bahay, hindi rin madaanan doon ang mga kalsadang na. A landslide caused by torrential rain has killed at least five people in southern Chile and has destroyed dozens of houses. Fifteen people are missing in the remote village of Villa Santa Lucía in the country's lake region, popular with tourists. President Michelle Bachelet has declared a state of emergency in the area.