General Tso Chicken with Rice. Sprinkle cayenne pepper all over the chicken and place it into a warm oven. Add sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, garlic, crushed red peppers and ginger to a sauce pan and heat gently, stirring until sauce is smooth and sugar has dissolved. Add cornstarch slowly stirring constantly until sauce has thickened to your liking When the chicken is crispy and golden, add the dried chillies to the empty pan and fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
Push the ingredients to one side of the wok. Before it has turned completely opaque, season with rice wine. While the chicken is grilling, throw the veggies in a sauce pan and cook until tender and onion is translucent. You can have General Tso Chicken with Rice using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of General Tso Chicken with Rice
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 1 kg of Chicken Thigh or Breast.
- It’s of Marinate.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn strach.
- It’s 1 of big egg.
- It’s 1 tbs of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of rice oil.
- It’s of For Rice.
- It’s 1.5 Cup of Rice.
- You need 2.5 cup of water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt if you like your rice salty.
- You need of For Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1.5 tbs of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Finely Minced Scallops(1/4 cup).
- It’s 1 tbs of mirin/vodka.
- You need of Finely Minced Ginger(1 tbs).
- You need of Chilli Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of rice vinegar.
Cook on medium-low with lid on sauce pan. Combine brown rice, veggies, and grilled chicken in a bowl and drizzle General Tso sauce on top. Rice vinegar – for the signature touch of tang in General Tso's Chicken. It has a distinct flavour different to Western vinegars (it's made from rice – did the name give it away?) and it is less sour.
General Tso Chicken with Rice instructions
- Cut the all chickens into small pieces. Than add them into a bowl. Add the marinate ingredients. And mix them carefully..
- Toast some chilli flakes in a pan. Then mix sauce ingredients. And add flakes into the sauce..
- Wash rice for 7 or 8 times until all the strach is gone. Add rice into a pan than add the water. Cook until water evoparates. Then lower the heat and cook it for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes cut of the heat and rest..
- Put oil into a pot. Then fry until the chickens are crispy and golden. Or you can use deep fryer..
- Put a oil into a pan. Than add the scallops.Add your sauce. Then cook it until it comes to a consistency. Than add your chickens into the sauce and mix. Please don't overcook the sauce because it will turn to jelly. And the color will be dark..
- Plate your meal. Than sprinkle some sesame over it. And some scallops. Bon appetit!.
- Note: I overcook the sauce. Don't do it. If you do you can add some chicken broth or water..
Best sub: White wine vinegar; Brown Sugar – for the sweet in the sauce with a slight caramel note. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes until the chicken turns a deep, golden brown. Garnish with spring onions to serve. For the chicken, mix the egg white with the potato flour in a bowl, then add the soy sauce, Shaohsing wine (or sherry) and the chicken. Turn the chicken over to coat it.