Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice. Great recipe for Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice. Flour – plain whole wheat or white flour can be used in this recipe. Or, try a mix of both!
Flavor your cream cheese frosting with either vanilla, cinnamon, or orange zest. Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. You can have Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of semi skimmed milk.
- Prepare of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare of self-raising flour (or plain flour + 3 tsp baking powder).
- You need of salt.
- It’s of blueberries or fillings divided accordingly.
Plain muffins call for standard pantry ingredients. You most likely have these on hand already. Leavening: Baking powder is my choice of leavening for this muffin base. Mocha muffins are delicious, tasting of chocolate and coffee and we even add chocolate chips to make them.
Muffins – Plain or filled with flavour of your choice step by step
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line 2 muffin trays with paper muffin cases. In a large bowl beat 2 medium eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min..
- Add 125ml vegetable oil and 250ml semi-skimmed milk and beat until just combined then add 250g golden caster sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter..
- Sift in 400g self-raising flour and 1 tsp salt (or 400g plain flour and 3 tsp baking powder) then mix until just smooth. Be careful not to over-mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough..
- Divide mixture if needed and reduce weight of fillings accordingly. Stir in 100g blueberries (for entire batch) or white chocolate or white choc, raspberries & dessicated coconut if using..
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 mins, until risen, firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the muffin trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking..
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- If not eating right away, consider heating in microwave and adding butter for further indulgence..
Make our easy muffins for breakfast, afternoon tea, or a coffee morning. Take your pick from tempting chocolate or fruit versions, plus cheesy savoury bakes. Make a batch of savoury muffins with your favourite flavourings for an easy snack or lunchbox filler. In a large mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, wholemeal flour, oats (or oats and coconut if using), brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.