Mexican Rice. Discover All The Different Zatarain's® Recipes For Some New Orleans Flavor. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- You need 2 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of medium size onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes puree.
- It’s 4 tbs of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiled corn.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Julian cut capsicum.
- Prepare 6-7 of mushroom blanched and sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of tofu.
- Prepare 2 of cheese cubes or 1/2 cup cheese spread.
- You need 1 tbs of oregano.
- It’s 2 tbs of chilli flakes or peprika powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
Add carrots, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring. Simmer until rice is cooked through and liquid is. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick.
Mexican Rice instructions
- In a oan add oil and saute garlic paste for a minute. add oragano now to enhance the flavour, add chopped onions and saute for 3-4 min..
- Now add tomato puree and cook ot for 4-5 min..
- Add tomato ketchup, paprika powder, salt to taste and cook on mediun heat.
- Now add corn, capsicum, and mushroom and mix well..
- At the the end add tofu and cheese spread and mix. add rice and cook for 2-3 min..
- You can add less cheese or omit it if you like…
IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Directions: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions. Stir in corn, carrots, peas, chili. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if.