General Tso's Chicken. Check Out General Tso's Chicken on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Turn the chicken over to coat it. For the chicken, mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix the potato flour with a pinch of sea salt and white pepper in a bowl. You can cook General Tso's Chicken using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of General Tso's Chicken
- You need 1 of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 2 1/2 Cups of Oil – For Frying.
- You need 1 Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour – As Req ..
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 inch of Ginger – 2 Strip.
- Prepare 1 of / Spring OnionScallion Stalk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/4 of Lemon.
- You need To Taste of Sesame Seeds.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Oil.
- You need 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Soya Sauce.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of White Vinegar.
- You need To Taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Sauce.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Corn Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Water Chicken Stock /.
Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes until the chicken turns a deep, golden brown. Garnish with spring onions to serve. Mix in the chicken until all the pieces are coated with batter.
General Tso's Chicken step by step
- Cut the green part for spring onions in 2 inch pieces. Crush the garlic cloves and cut in small pieces. Cut the ginger in long strips..
- For Sauce- Take all the ingredients mentioned in the sauce section and mix them well until the sugar dissolves. Set aside..
- Cut the chicken breast in bite sized pieces..
- Squeeze the lemon juice from the 1/4th lemon piece into the chicken and add a pinch of salt. Mix well..
- Crack an egg into the chicken and mix well..
- Coat the chicken pieces with all purpose flour and set aside..
- Heat the oil to high heat for frying. Deep fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Set aside..
- In another vessel, heat 2 tsp oil and add the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Saute for a minute..
- Add the sauce prepared earlier and wait for it to bubble..
- Add in the fried chicken pieces and mix well..
- Finish by sprinkling sesame seeds on top..
- Serve hot..
General Tso's chicken 左宗棠雞 (pronounced ) is a sweet deep-fried chicken dish that is served in North American Chinese restaurants invented by the Taiwan-based Hunan cuisine chef Peng Chang-kuei. The dish is named after Zuo Zongtang (also romanized Tso Tsung-t'ang), a Qing dynasty statesman and military leader, although there is no recorded connection to him nor is the dish known in Hunan. General Tso's Chicken is that perfect combination of sweet, savoury, spicy and tangy with crispy Chinese chicken bites. It's a Chinese takeout favourite that just pushes all the right buttons! Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, stock and sugar together in a small bowl.