Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you fry the. Method Press down firmly with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten each chicken breast.
Once cooked, place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Pour curry sauce over chicken, serve with white rice and enjoy! Warm the rice and divide between bowls. You can have Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly
- Prepare of Chicken kutsu curry recipe.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of plain flour.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of curry powder.
- It’s 600 ml of chicken stock or water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of grated red apple.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1-2 of potato peeled and chunky cut.
- It’s 1 of onion chunky choped.
- Prepare of Chicken in bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Delicious plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Cooking Oil to cook.
Top with the curry sauce, katsu chicken or tofu, and serve with the cucumber, carrot ribbons, herbs and lime wedges. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Homemade Chicken katsu curry #familyfriendly instructions
- Put oil in medium heat saucepan then add onion in.
- Add all the ingredients in (apart from stock and potatoes) and stir well.
- Add potato and stock in stir well and leave it simmer for about 15-20 mins.
- Making chicken crumbs by prepare 2 trays- one with flour, salt and peper. Then cut chicken breast in half (vertical way) then dip chicken in the flour.
- Transfer chicken in to egg tray and make sure chicken all covered in egg.
- Dip chicken back to bread crumbs until all covered.
- Medium heat pan or saucepan with enough cooking oil to fry and cover the chicken.
- Fry chicken one by one. Once one side cook through turn over..
- Transfer to paper towels to get rid of access oil.
- Serve with curry and rice.
Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened. Add the flour and stir over the heat to cook it out, then slowly add the chicken or vegetable stock. Method To start making the katsu curry sauce, place the onions, garlic and ginger in a pan on heat on the hob and stir them as they soften. Next add the curry mix, before then adding the turmeric. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for another minute and then sprinkle in the flour, curry powder and turmeric.