Burrito Enchiladas. Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom. Roll each burrito and place in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce atop each tortilla.
Enchiladas will be wrapped up, and then they will be covered in extra salsa and cheese before being served on a plate. Place two tortillas in two separate round baking pans. Add in the rice prepared at the center followed by the black beans mixture. You can cook Burrito Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burrito Enchiladas
- Prepare 5 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of large yellow onions; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of recipe "Mexican Dry Rub".
- Prepare 20 oz of diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- It’s 3 C of salsa.
- You need 1.5 C of refried beans.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Prepare 1.5 C of cooked Spanish rice.
- You need 6 of large flour tortillas.
- It’s 28 oz of Colorado red chile enchilada sauce.
- It’s as needed of cilantro & lime.
Now pour the sauce, Mexican cheese blend. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas. While there are many regional varieties of burritos, the dish essentially consists of a flour tortilla that's tightly wrapped around your choice of fillings, usually some combination of meat (ground beef and chicken being ever popular), and refried beans. To make the jalapeno crema, in a blender add your yogurt, jalapeno, brine, and salt / pepper & blend until smooth.
Burrito Enchiladas step by step
- Spread ground beef across the bottom of a large pot. Season with "Mexican Dry Rub".
- Add onions and salt. Stir. Brown beef thoroughly. Add diced tomatoes and 2 C salsa during last 2 minutes of cooking. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Distribute beans evenly in the middle of each tortilla..
- Distribute beef, rice, remaining salsa, and cheese in each tortilla..
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom..
- Roll each burrito and place in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce atop each tortilla..
- Bake uncovered at 400° for approximately 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly..
- Alternatively, top each burrito with an avocado slice and/or a sprinkle of chihuahua cheese..
- Garnish with cilantro and/or lime if desired..
- Variations; Guacamole, avocado, roasted bell peppers, jalapeños, swiss cheese, chihuahua cheese, cinnamon, pork, chicken, shrimp, black bean puree, mango or pineapple salsa, ranchero salsa, tomatillo salsa, peach-mango salsa, grilled pineapple or corn, coriander seed, cotija, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, queso fresco, serrano peppers, poblano, habanero, ancho chile, chipotle, smoked paprika, crema, cilantro-lime rice, pinto or black beans, green enchilada sauce, mole, nopalitos, tamarind, romaine, salsa verde, pico de gallo, nacho cheese, goat cheese, chili powder, dried onion soup mix, tequila, beer, thyme,.
Once the burrito enchiladas are ready, drizzle with. For this instructible im showing a small pan. Open the cans and add olives and green chilies, then pour enchilada sauce over burritos An enchilada is smaller than a burrito. This is mainly because it doesn't contain as much filling as a burrito. Furthermore, the other difference between an enchilada and burrito is that a burrito has a cylindrical shape whereas an enchilada is simply rolled around the filling.