Bulgogi (Korean beef BBQ). Order directly online or download our app. Enjoy fast takeaway service & delivery right to your door. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. However, in general terms, unless specified, bulgogi is made with beef. Undoubtedly it is one of the most well-known Korean traditional foods and it has been around for thousands of years. You can cook Bulgogi (Korean beef BBQ) using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgogi (Korean beef BBQ)
- It’s 600 g of Beef sliced rib eye or sirloin steak.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare of Marinated Ingredients.
- You need 6 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Sake(White dry wine).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sessame oil.
- It’s 1/2 of Gouchjang.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 of Apple.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. "Bul" means fire in Korean, and "gogi" is a general term for meat. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to the beef. Combine yellow onion, white and light green parts of green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well mixed. This most popular of Korean dishes includes thinly sliced meat that has a smoky-sweet flavor when broiled or cooked on the grill.
Bulgogi (Korean beef BBQ) step by step
- Thinly slice the beef..
- Halve the onion, thinly slice 1/2 of the onion and chop the rest..
- Chop the apple..
- Put onion, apple, garlic, ginger in the food processor and blend until smooth. Put this in a large bowl..
- Add the soy sauce, sake, sugar, sesame oil and gochujang in the same bowl..
- Add beef and onion in the bowl..
- Mix well..
- Keep in the fridge overnight to 24 hours..
- Heat the frying pan over medium-high heat..
- Put sesame oil in the frying pan..
- Place the beef one by one in the pan..
- Cook until golden-brown for 1-2 minutes and then turn over..
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until both sides are golden-brown..
Bulgogi is even delicious stir-fried, and the tender beef can be used in anything from Korean "sushi" rolls to stir-fried noodles (japchae, chapchae). Bulgogi is usually accompanied with lettuce wraps and spicy red pepper paste (kochujang) for wrapping and. Bulgogi is the most popular Korean Grilled BBQ Beef dish that is made from marinated thin slices of beef that's traditionally grilled over an open flame. Bulgogi (Korean Beef BBQ) This Korean BBQ Beef (Bulgogi) is the perfect midweek supper and our low carb, sugar free version means that you can enjoy it even if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. We don't know about you, but we adore a good steak and, as you can see in the pictures, we prefer ours to be medium rare.