Korean Bulgogi. Style, elegance, and the quality of Boggi Milano. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. However, in general terms, unless specified, bulgogi is made with beef. Undoubtedly it is one of the most well-known Korean traditional foods and it has been around for thousands of years. You can cook Korean Bulgogi using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Bulgogi
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Steak of Choice Sliced Thin (I used Flank Steak).
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Rice Wine or Mirin.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Garlic Minced.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Raw Honey.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Pear Puree.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Green Onion Chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Gochujang (Adds Heat, Optional).
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Veg Oil of Choice (For Frying).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame Seeds Toasted.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Ginger Grated (Optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
In a large frying pan or wok, heat the remaining vegetable oil over a medium heat. Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. "Bul" means fire in Korean, and "gogi" is a general term for meat. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to the beef version. While this Korean marinated beef is most.
Korean Bulgogi step by step
- Using a knife or meat scissors, slice or cut meat across the grain into 1/4 inch strips..
- In a Medium sized bowl, combine all Marinade ingredients. Pour Marinade and Sliced Steak into a Large Gallon sized Ziploc Bag. Get air out and seal. Put into refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight..
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Veg Oil in a Cast Iron Grill Pan to Medium-High Heat. Add Steak in one layer, with some space in between. Don't overfill pan. Cook 2-4 Minutes on each side, until charred. Repeat with rest of Steak..
- Serve over Rice, Noodles, Veggies, or in Wraps..
- You can make this recipe with other types of meat as well, such as Chicken or Pork. I've made it with Chicken Thighs and it was fabulous!.
Place the beef in a bowl, and pour in the cooking wine, pear juice and black pepper. Bulgogi is even delicious stir-fried, and the tender beef can be used in anything from Korean "sushi" rolls (kimbap) to stir-fried noodles (japchae, chapchae). Bulgogi is usually accompanied with lettuce wraps and spicy red pepper paste (kochujang) for wrapping and spicing up the meat. Korean Beef Bulgogi – A super easy recipe for Korean BBQ beef with the most flavorful marinade! The thin slices of meat cook quickly, and it's so tender!!!