Bulgogi. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Korean Bulgogi on eBay.
Bulgogi is made from thin slices of sirloin or other prime cuts of beef. Ribeye is also commonly used due to its tenderness and easily-cuttable texture. In addition to beef, chicken and pork bulgogi are also one of the most common types of variations used to prepare the dish. You can cook Bulgogi using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgogi
- It’s of For the bulgogi:.
- It’s 260 of – 300g beef fillet or sirloin.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ripe Asian pear, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cm of piece of ginger root, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of scallion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Shaoxing wine or dry sherry.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of light brown sugar or honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need of sesame seeds, toasted, to sprinkle at the end.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of Romaine or Cos lettuce leaves, or.
- You need of lightly toasted pita bread.
- You need of cooked rice (optional).
- You need of jalapeno chili, deseeded and finely sliced.
- You need sticks of carrot shredded into.
- Prepare 2-3 of radishes, shredded into sticks.
- You need of cucumber slices or sticks.
- It’s of For the spiced mayo:.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp. of full fat mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of hot chilli sauce, ideally Sriracha.
Pork belly, or samgyeopsal in Korean, is a popular cut for pork bulgogi. Bulgogi is marinated in bulgogi sauce and loved for many centries in Korea. Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means "fire meat". It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken.
Bulgogi step by step
- Place the meat in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours to firm it up. In the meantime process the garlic, pear, onion and ginger to smooth puree..
- Slice the beef against the grain thinly, about 4-5mm. Place it in a bowl or a zip lock bag together with the puree; add the other bulgogi ingredients except the sesame seeds and mix in well, stirring the meat around in the bowl or squishing it about in the bag. Chill for at least an hour and up to overnight..
- Prepare the spiced mayo by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. When you’re ready to cook prepare the lettuce and garnishes so that everyone can build their own bulgogi parcel or kebab..
- Heat up a cast iron pan or a heavy skillet over high heat. Transfer the meat into a colander and shake it about to get rid of some liquid. When the pan is hot, add the meat with the remaining marinade and stir fry until most liquid has vanished and the meat starts to brown around the edges. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and keep the meat hot. Toast the pitas..
- To eat, either load a pita, kebab style, with torn lettuce, meat, garnishes and sauce; or place some meat, rice and garnishes on a lettuce leaf, fold in and wrap up the edges to form a small parcel. The lettuce parcel should be eaten in one bite!.
However, in general terms, unless specified, bulgogi is made with beef. Undoubtedly it is one of the most well-known Korean traditional foods and it has been around for thousands of years. Place the beef in a shallow dish. Combine soy sauce, sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Combine soy sauce, sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a small bowl.