Tossed Caprese Salad. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to a salad bowl. Cut fresh mozzarella into small pieces (similar to halved tomatoes) and add to the same bowl. Tear basil leaves into pieces and add to salad bowl.
Ripe tomatoes are tossed with mozzarella, red onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. The perfect Italian starter or side dish. Get the best of salads – caprese and green – in this tossed mixed salad with mozzarella, basil and more. You can cook Tossed Caprese Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tossed Caprese Salad
- It’s 1 of Arugula.
- Prepare 6 of basil, chiffoned.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mozzarella ball, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1/4 cup of aged balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of croutons.
In a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar, snipped basil, garlic, salt, and pepper; cover and shake well. Instructions In a medium bowl, toss together the cut up tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves. Add olive oil to bowl, and lightly toss together. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top of salad.
Tossed Caprese Salad instructions
- Layer as follows: Arugula, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, croutons..
- Add vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to mason jar. Shake..
- Serve dressing over salad..
Caprese Salad is made with fresh mozzarella cheese. This is different to the mozzarella cheese you grate and sprinkle onto things to bake and melt. Fresh mozzarella is soft, and unlike most cheeses, it is not salty. It has a flavour similar to ricotta – though the texture is different. Cut your grape tomatoes into quarters and toss them into a bowl.