Spicy Pork Bulgogi. Recipe by J e l i s a. Ingredients in spicy pork bulgogi marinade While traditional beef bulgogi has a soy sauce-based marinade, dwaeji-bulgogi or spicy pork bulgogi uses a Korean-based chile pepper flakes/powder called gochugaru and chile pepper paste called gochujang. Gochujang is the same paste used for Korean fried chicken sauce too.
It is perfect for any spice food lover. I love a tasty stir fry. They are loaded with flavor and quick to come together – from a chicken and green bean stir fry to a chicken broccoli stir fry. You can cook Spicy Pork Bulgogi using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Pork Bulgogi
- It’s of pork belly, thinly sliced.
- It’s of gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes.
- You need of mirin.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of maesilaek.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of large onion, sliced.
- It’s of onion leeks, cut into 2-inch long pieces.
- It’s of green chilli.
- You need of red chilli.
- Prepare of sesame seeds.
Korean spicy pork bulgogi is loaded with spicy and savory flavors from the gochujang paste and fish sauce but also has a balance of sweet in it as well from the mirin and the sugars. Its intense in flavor from the garlic, ginger and onion marinade and is absolutely delicious on top of some plain white rice to mop up that salty umami sauce. INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY KOREAN PORK BULGOGI. Buy Spicy Pork Bulgogi ingredients online here.
Spicy Pork Bulgogi instructions
- Combine gochugaru, mirin, fish sauce, soy sauce, maesiaek, sugar, black pepper and garlic in a large mixing bowl and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Gochugaru will absorb the moisture from the sauces and will become thick pasty sauce..
- Add pork and onion, mix well with your hand. Let it marinade at least 20 minutes to overnight..
- Heat a large skillet over high heat..
- Add marinated pork and cook until pork is fully cooked and onions are soften about7 to 9 minutes..
- Now, stir in green onions and chilli. Cook additional 1 more minute and remove from heat. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds..
This sweet and spicy marinade makes pork super delicious, even for those who are not usually fans of pork. Ginger adds a nice kick and removes the gamey smell and taste. Don't settle for the same boring BBQ sauce! Pork Bulgogi (Dweji Bulgogi) is a classic pork dish that's perfectly seasoned with gochujang, garlic, ginger and sweet flavors that makes this dish simply irresistable. Pork Bulgogi – Korean BBQ Dweji Bulgogi Pork Bulgogi is spicy, savory, sweet, gingery and mouthwatering…That is the best way I can describe the taste of Korean Pork Bulgogi.