Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) & Egg Rice Bowl. Ingredients Wrap tofu block in a towel and place between two cutting boards. Fry the tofu in batches so as not to. Abura-age(油揚げ), is a Japanese food productmade from twice-fried soybeans.
It's good to eat with soy sauce and ground ginger, also a good ingredient for many recipes! Then press it to remove excess oil if required. Cut each Abura-age in half, carefully open and make bags. You can have Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) & Egg Rice Bowl using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) & Egg Rice Bowl
- Prepare of Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu) *cut into small pieces.
- You need of Spring Onions *sliced diagonally.
- It’s of Eggs *lightly whisked.
- It’s of servings Freshly Cooked Rice.
- You need of Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) *OR Ground Chilli.
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- Prepare of Dashi Stock *OR 3/4 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Mirin.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce.
Crack an Egg, place it in a bag and secure with a toothpick. Place all the ingredients of the sauce in a large. Aburaage (油揚げ) is Japanese deep-fried tofu pouches made from soybeans. It is made by cutting tofu into thin slices and deep-fried two times.
Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) & Egg Rice Bowl instructions
- Wrap Abura-age with paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Then press to remove excess oil. Cut into small pieces. *Note: If you don’t have the microwave, soak in hot water is alternative option..
- Place Water, Dashi Powder, Sugar, Mirin and Soy Sauce in a frying pan or saucepan, and bring the boil over medium high heat. Add sliced Spring Onion and Abura-age, cook until Spring Onion is soft..
- Pour over lightly whisked Eggs but DO NOT stir. Cover with a lid until the egg is softly cooked..
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the Abura-age & Egg mixture. Sprinkle with Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and enjoy..
Then press it to remove excess oil if required. *Note: This process is optional, but the heat softens Abura-age and next process will be easier. Cut each Abura-age in half, carefully open and make. Thin deep-fried tofu (abura-age) Always douse with boiling water before using to remove excess oil from the surface. It is found in soups, simmered dishes, inarizushi and mixed rice dishes. Preseasoned, thin deep-fried tofu is available canned especially for inarizushi (deep-fried tofu pouches stuffed with mixed vinegared rice).