Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿. Using parsley instead of the more conventional mint gives this summer soup a deeper, slightly less sweet flavour. I like it garnished with a few whole peas – especially really small and sweet raw ones. If you have some pea shoots, they look beautiful scattered over the finished soup too.
I've made this a few times, I don't measure I just trust my instincts and adjust if required. Doing so will remove all the Bookmarks you have created for this recipe. Add half and half, pepper, and a splash of olive oil. You can have Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿 using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿
- You need 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch of parsley 🌿.
- Prepare of 1 white onion.
- It’s of 2 cups of stock (see my recipe for homemade or use bullion or cube).
- Prepare of 1 or 2 potatoes – peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of Chopped parsley to garnish.
- Prepare of Olive oil to drizzle.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 squeeze of lemon (optional).
Use an immersion blender (or a regular blender) to blend the soup on high until smooth. This pea soup is super delicious and super creamy, made using only a small amount of ingredients including garden peas, parsley, stock, thyme and coconut milk. You can make this soup bowl using either your instant pot or stove top. Top with parsley, Parmesan, and garlic chips.
Pea and Parsley Soup 🌱🌿 instructions
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks to minimise coking time, cover with stock, bring to a bubble. Add onions, reduce heat snd simmer Hutu the potatoes are soft. Add peas and parsley and blend using your usual method..
- Taste and season with salt, white pepper and black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Pour into bowls. Drizzle with a swirl of olive oil and a little moreparley. Serve with an extra lemon wedge if you wish lemon 🍋.
Drizzle with oil and serve immediately with toasts. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, cumin and chilli flakes. This soup is fabulous, even with frozen peas. Let soup cool slightly and remove bay leaves. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until desired consistency.