Heirloom Caprese Salad. Your favourite Salads restaurants available on Deliveroo. Create your Dream Garden with our Plants. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Cut the heirloom tomatoes into large chunks and combine with the cherry tomatoes. Season very well with salt and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad Find heirloom tomatoes in all colours, shapes and sizes from your local farmers' market. You can have Heirloom Caprese Salad using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Heirloom Caprese Salad
- You need 2 each of Heirloom tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 each of Fresh ball Buffalo mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh Baby Arugula.
- You need 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Aged Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, and perhaps add a dash of balsamic vinegar over the top to bring all the flavors together. To put it simply, bleu cheese in a salad makes me want to barf my face off. Enter heirloom tomato salad, also know as the Caprese. Now this is a salad I can get on board with, equal (sometimes higher) parts cheese to salad.
Heirloom Caprese Salad step by step
- Make a small bed of Arugula on each plate..
- Thinly slice each tomato and lay a slice or two of each one on the plates..
- Slice the mozzarella to a similar thickness and add a slice or two to the tops of the tomatoes..
- Add a few fresh basil leaves to the tops of each plate then add the salt and pepper. Before serving add the oil and vinegar last..
With every piece of tomato that goes in your mouth, there is an equal piece of fresh mozzarella cheese to go along with it. Coarse sea salt and pepper to taste. Olive Oil or Balsamic Vinegar to taste. Slice tomatoes into ½ inch thick slices and arrange on plate. Slice the buffalo mozzarella and add on top of tomato.