Turkey meatloaf. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. How many calories are in this Turkey Meatloaf?
While the vegetables are cooling, put all the ingredients for the glaze into a small bowl and mix well. Lightly grease a jelly roll pan. Rehydrate bread crumbs in some milk, which adds tenderness and moisture to the meatloaf. You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- It’s 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- You need 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- Prepare 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional…will add a thanksgiving flavor.
Mix the mushroom mixture with the breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, and ground turkey. Form the mixture into a loaf on a baking sheet, spread a little extra ketchup on top, and then bake. Put a small pan over a medium heat and mist with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire, egg, and cooked vegetables until combined.
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.
On prepared baking dish, form meat mixture into a. This beef alternative meatloaf is anything but bland thanks to being seasoned with Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato puree and mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature. Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food.