Rib Roast / Prime Rib. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Get what you are looking for.
Prime rib is sometimes also referred to as the "standing rib roast." But note that "prime" here doesn't refer to USDA Prime beef. Prime rib is a roast cut from the beef rib primal cut, traditionally (but not exclusively) with the rib bones still attached. The perfect prime rib is juicy, medium-rare and has a flavorful, brown crust on the outside. You can cook Rib Roast / Prime Rib using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rib Roast / Prime Rib
- Prepare 1 of (4-bone-in) rib roast, preferably from the loin end.
- You need of Canola oil, to coat roast.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to cover entire roast.
Also, when you slice it, you don't want to see very much gray meat near the edges. There's no question – the Standing Rib Roast is the creme de la creme of roasts. Also known as Prime Rib, this is THE roast beef with superior flavour, texture and juiciness above all other cuts of beef. It's certainly not an economical cut.
Rib Roast / Prime Rib instructions
- Turn the oven to 250 degrees F..
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator; let it sit for an hour or so to bring to room temperature. Rub with canola oil. Remember to rub the bones with oil as well (if it’s not boneless).
- Once the roast is completely coated with oil, sprinkle salt over the entire roast, about half a teaspoon per bone. Next, rub with freshly ground pepper to coat the surface..
- Place a probe thermometer into the center of the roast and set for 118 degrees. Put the roast in the oven. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees F and roast until internal temperature (118) is achieved (usually it takes 45 – 50 minutes for a 2 lb roast but keep an eye on the thermometer).
- Remove the roast from oven and turn heat up to 500 degrees F. and cover roast with heavy-duty foil. Allow the roast to rest until an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. is reached..
- Place the roast back into the preheated 500 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until you've achieved your desired crust. Remove and transfer roast to a cutting board. Keep covered with foil until ready to serve..
Generously cover all sides of rib roast with salt and pepper. Place roast in a roasting pan fat-side up. Arrange half the rosemary in the bottom of the pan around the roast. Liberally season the prime rib with the salt and some pepper and refrigerate overnight. An hour before cooking, remove the roast from the refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature.