8 minute Spanish rice. Place butter and rice in saucepan over medium heat and cook until lightly golden brown stirring constantly. Mix cons mate, garlic, onion and broth in a bowl and place in microwave until boiling. Pour broth and spice mixture over rice, stir in diced tomatoes, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
Stir in bell pepper, water, salt, chili powder, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Homemade Spanish rice is the perfect compliment to Taco Tuesday or any night of the week! You can have 8 minute Spanish rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 8 minute Spanish rice
- It’s 1 teaspoon of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of minute rice.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of canned diced tomatoes.
- You need Dash of garlic powder.
- It’s Dash of onion powder.
- It’s 1/3 cube of cons mate.
We love to serve it with the Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe. This recipe for easy Mexican rice recipe freezes really well so it's perfect for busy nights. It is also great served with Easy Baked Enchilada Chicken. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
8 minute Spanish rice step by step
- Place butter and rice in saucepan over medium heat and cook until lightly golden brown stirring constantly..
- Mix cons mate, garlic, onion and broth in a bowl and place in microwave until boiling..
- Pour broth and spice mixture over rice, stir in diced tomatoes, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is soft. Fluff with a fork..
Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Spanish rice is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods, chicken, or just about anything. This simple recipe uses chicken broth and chunky salsa to transform plain white rice into a marvelous side dish. If the rice seems wet, place the pot back on the stove and cook it over medium heat, stirring constantly.