Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken. In a sauce pan fry each side of the sausage slices till a little brown. It saves time on clean up. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the smoked sausage, Neelys Dry Rub, thyme, salt and pepper. Instructions In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the butter or oil. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until onion is crisp-tender. You can have Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken
- You need 3 cans of glory red beans and rice.
- It’s 1 bag of Tyson cubed chicken or left over chicken.
- You need of Shrimp, crab *optional.
- You need 1/2 package of Eckrich smoked sausage.
- You need of Corn *optional.
- It’s of Black beans *optional.
- It’s of Sauteed onions, celery, peppers *optional.
- Prepare of Tony's creole seasoning.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
Suggestions for Brazilian Rice and Beans with Sausage. I used canned pinto beans for this recipe because that's what I had on hand. But you could easily swap those for kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas or navy beans in this dish. True Brazilian rice and beans is a little more involved than this recipe, but I wanted something easy and quick.
Rice and beans with smoked sausage and shredded chicken step by step
- I buy this for a easy week night meal. This is a picture of the cans I buy..
- First, cut sausage into thin round slices. In a sauce pan fry each side of the sausage slices till a little brown. I use the same pan. It saves time on clean up..
- Add the 3 cans of bean and rice to the same pan. Stir mixture together..
- Add frozen, cubed chicken to rice mixture. Heat through and stir. I add a little chicken broth if it needs it. I eyeball it. Till the mixture looks moist..
- I add Tony's creole seasoning till I like the taste. It's up to you on how much. The chicken is already preseasoned. The rice mixture is also preseasoned. If you use left over chicken. Season it however you want. I'd stick to southern seasonings or combine everything and taste..
- Sometimes I add corn and sauteed onions and peppers. It really depends on how much time I have..
- I dont add shrimp or crab to my mixture because my family doesnt like seafood..
- I make cornbread as a side. This is one of my favorite quick meals. This is a quick meal people think you worked so hard to make. When it's done in less than 30 minutes depending upon what you add. Let me know what you think. Enjoy..
This easy dump-and-bake version of red beans and rice combines smoked sausage, veggies, and a zesty rice mix in one dish for a quick dinner any night of the week. Black Beans and Rice is the perfect family side dish. It's fast and affordable, and everyone loves the taste. A black bean and rice dish is more than satisfying, too–it's packed with protein for a healthy meal. Our recipe for rice and beans can't be easier.