Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
The best meals are the ones that take little effort while still earning that homemade label, and this Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is the perfect example. Remove the chicken to a plate or bowl and shred with two forks. To make easy Mexican crock-pot chicken tortilla soup, just dump the following ingredients into your slow cooker: chicken breast, black beans, frozen corn, salsa and chicken broth. You can cook Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup
- You need of Soup Base.
- It’s 12 cups of stock/broth (i used my Turkey stock recipe).
- Prepare 2 lbs of tomatoes.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, soul food seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, ground sage, taco seasoning, ceviche.
- You need of seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of all spice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper, mrs dash, tortilla seasoning, salt,.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh time, destemmed.
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen corn.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Frozen black beans, optional.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of Meat (chicken or turkey).
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Lime juice.
- You need of Tortilla chips, crumbled.
Remove the chicken to a plate or bowl and shred with two forks. Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Let cool and place on top of soup with a pinch of Mexican cheese and a few slices of fresh avocado. Cook onion, garlic, and jalapeno (or green chiles) in olive oil until they are softened and add to the Crock Pot.
Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup step by step
- Puree whole tomatoes.
- Add soup base to crockpot.
- Chop soup up to bite sizes (bell pepper, onion), add all soup to crockpot.
- Fry ground meat.
- Add seasonings to crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with garnish.
Before serving, shred the cooked chicken and add back to the soup. Serve with tortilla strips or broken up tortilla chips for extra crunch! Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle on the chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, chipotle, and black beans.