Lamb moussaka lasagna. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out -lambs On eBay. Great recipe for Lamb moussaka lasagna. This is a dish my husband likes to eat.
I brought too many aubergines and was trying to find ways of using aubergines to make tasty. To assemble the moussaka, use a large rectangular ovenproof dish. If not using lasagna sheets, begin by spooning a third of the meat into the dish and spread it out evenly, followed by a few slices aubergine, then spoon a bit more meat followed by the béchamel sauce. You can have Lamb moussaka lasagna using 26 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb moussaka lasagna
- It’s 2 of aubergines, sliced into rings.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Olive oil, enough to cover the aubergines.
- It’s of Moussaka sauce:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 250 g of lamb mince.
- You need 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of can chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (or any sugar of preference).
- It’s of sprinkle paprika, optional.
- Prepare of For the béchamel sauce (white sauce):.
- You need of See my other Cookpad recipe on how to make the béchamel sauce.
- Prepare of Assembling the moussake:.
- Prepare 6-9 of lasagne sheets, optional.
- Prepare 150 g of cheddar cheese, grated (or any cheese of preference).
- It’s of Garnish:.
- It’s Handful of plum tomates, sliced in half.
Moussaka is a traditional Greek dish that many would say is comparable to lasagna. It's made from lamb mince that's layered between slices of aubergine and potato, complete with béchamel. For the lamb sauce, heat two teaspoons of the oil in a pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until just beginning to brown.
Lamb moussaka lasagna instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Place the sliced aubergine in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Place aubergine on a baking tray and transfer into the oven and cook aubergine to desired softness..
- In a wok or large saucepan on medium high, add and heat the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until they become translucent and soft. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Then add the garlic, cook for a minute and constantly stir..
- Now add the mince and fry using a wooden spatula to break up the meat. Cook until a deep golden brown, regularly stirring..
- Once the meat has cooked add the can of chopped tomatoes along with the tomato purée, wine, water. Give the sauce a stir to incorporate the ingredients..
- Add bay leaves, dried oregano and thyme, ground cumin powder, salt and pepper, sugar and paprika (optional). Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce the wine by half stirring occasionally. Taste the sauce and season further if necessary (add salt, pepper, sugar etc)..
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce gently, covered with a lid for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally until the sauce has thickened..
- In the meantime, make the white sauce *see my other recipe on Cookpad for how to make the béchamel sauce. Preheat oven to 200C/180 fan..
- To assemble the moussaka, use a large rectangular ovenproof dish. If not using lasagna sheets, begin by spooning a third of the meat into the dish and spread it out evenly, followed by a few slices aubergine, then spoon a bit more meat followed by the béchamel sauce. Repeat the process layering until all of the meat, aubergines and béchamel sauce has been used up..
- If using lasagne sheets spooning a third of the meat into the dish and spread it out evenly, followed by a few slices aubergine, then spoon a bit more meat followed by the lasagna sheets and then the béchamel sauce. Repeat the layering process with the lasagne sheets until all of the meat, aubergines and béchamel sauce has been used up..
- Finish the final layer with the béchamel sauce, smoothing the top over with a wooden spoon or palette knife. Sprinkle with grated cheese and sliced plum tomatoes (optional)..
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the centre of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake further for another 20 minutes. When 10 minutes left change oven setting to grill and bake to desired golden brown colour and bubbling..
- Remove from the oven, dish a nice slice onto a serving plate and eat immediately while pipping hot..
Add the minced lamb and fry. Add the mince, spice blend and garlic to the pan. To prepare a traditional Greek Moussaka recipe, luscious layers of juicy beef mince (or lamb) are cooked in a tomato based sauce, layered with sweet eggplants and creamy béchamel sauce and baked together until golden perfection. Although not a traditional lasagne al forno, lamb lasagna is a rich and delicious dish that's perfect for lamb lovers. Lasagne al forno is a popular choice in Italy for family lunches and when feeding large numbers.