Beef Lasagna. To make the meat sauce: Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the onion, carrot and garlic together. Allow the onion to soften before making a well in the centre of the pan. Assembly of the lasagna: Spread a little of the beef sauce across the bottom of your pan.
In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs. Layer with lasagne sheets, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese and meat sauce. Heat the olive oil in a big pot or frying pan over a medium heat. You can cook Beef Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Lasagna
- You need Sheets of Lasagna.
- It’s 300 grams of minced/ground beef.
- Prepare 250 ml of pasta sauce.
- You need 300 ml of white bechamel (see my earlier recipe).
- Prepare 300 grams of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 100 grams of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 of green pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of herbs of your choice.
Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the beef, bacon, garlic, carrots and mushrooms and cook until the beef has browned. Place the ground beef into a skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Make The Meat Sauce: After cooking or soaking the lasagna noodles, make the sauce by adding onions and garlic to a large skillet or pot with olive oil.
Beef Lasagna instructions
- In a pan, warm the oil and add the green pepper and onion. Fry until onion is translucent..
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add the ground/minced beef to the same pan and fry until brown. If it gets too dry, add tablespoons of water at a time until you are satisfied with the meat..
- Add the pasta sauce to the meat and stir. The aim is to get the meaty juice into the sauce for all the great flavour..
- Now it's time to layer. In a large baking tray, start off with a thin layer of the bechamel..
- Then add a layer of pasta sheets.
- Then some of the meat.
- Then a pasta layer.
- Then some bechamel and cheddar cheese.
- Then some pasta.
- Then more meat and some cheddar cheese.
- Another pasta layer.
- Then more of the bechamel.
- Then the rest of the cheddar cheese and the mozzarella cheese.
- Top it off with some herbs and pop it in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it set a little, because if you try and scoop it out straight from the oven it falls apart..
Add the ground beef and brown, then drain off any excess drippings. Add the redcurrant jelly (or sugar), tomato purée and thyme, then stir well. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. A classic recipe for homemade Lasagne al Forno (Italian Beef Lasagna) made entirely from scratch.