Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice. Great recipe for Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice. Advice from The Garden Of Good And Evil. . . Mike's Hard Watermelon Mike's Hard got its name with its alcoholic lemonade, which is slightly sweet but mostly sour.
Custom cakes, cupcakes and cake pops for all occasions! You can't stop with just one… "BORN TO BE WILDE" by Janelle Denison "SAVIN' ME" by Alannah Lynne "DRIVE ME CRAZY" by Marquita Valentine "BABY LOVE" by Leslie Kelly "THE PERFECT PROPOSAL" by Rhonda Nelson […] Sinfully Sweet Boxed Set book. At Village Farms we want you to know tomatoes are for much more than a salad or sandwich. You can cook Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice
- It’s of ● For The Plantains.
- Prepare of LG Green Plantains.
- Prepare of Tilamook Sweet Cream Butter.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need of ● For The Seasoning Mixture.
- You need of Brown Sugar.
- It’s of Quality 80 Proof Rum [optional].
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Sea Salt.
- It’s of Paprika.
Village Farms introduces Exclusive Tomato Varieties. March's wine of the month is Mike's Reserve Red. Tasting notes include wild blackberry, violet, and soft fine leather. The flavor finishes with tobacco and lingering dark chocolate for a smooth end to your sip.
Mike's Sinfully Sweet & Spicy Plantains Over Red Beans & Rice step by step
- Fresh Green Plantains. Know these plantains are far less sweet than yellow or black plantains and they're much harder to peel. They'll afford you the flavor of bananas but not the sweetness whatsoever. Hence the heavy brown sugar addition..
- Heat your butter and oil with all seasonings, except for your rum..
- Cut the ends of your plantains. Slice your plantains in half. If your plantains are long, cut horizontally then vertically. These pictured are pretty short, fat and stubby. Peel..
- Place plantains in your heated pan and fry for 7 minutes. Flip occasionally..
- Pull your plantains and allow them to cool for a few minutes..
- Place plantains on wax paper. Quickly coat plantains with additional seasonings, if desired. I'll always add additional brown sugar and Cayenne Pepper to them at this point. Press them down with a plate or rolling pin on wax paper. This action will not only seal in your additional seasonings but, also help to soften and caramelize your plantains even further..
- Place plantains back into your heated butter/oil/seasoning mixture with your rum and fry for up to 3 minutes longer. Flambé rum of you know how to do it safely. Add additional butter or oil if needed but, you shouldn't..
- Drain your carmelized plantains on wax paper and separate. Otherwise they'll stick together..
- Serve alongside any spicy meat, black beans and rice or, over white or red beans and rice. Today, my students wanted them over a simple Cuban Red Beans & Rice recipe. Enjoy!.
Receptionist at Sinfully sweet cathedral bakery Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Join to Connect Sinfully sweet cathedral bakery. Report this profile Experience. mike thome. mike thome General Manager at The Its Done Group Of Companies Regina, SK. It started when the former car mechanic made a cake showing the likeness of the character Mike Wazowski from "Monsters,. P hoto courtesy Frine Gingras, Sinfully Sweet Treats.