Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala. Get your favourites from Indian Masala delivered. Download the app and order now! From the restaurant to your doorstep.
Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside. If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside. Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside. You can cook Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala
- Prepare 150 grams of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- It’s 750 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 400 grams of ripe tomatoes (can).
- It’s 1/4 bunch of or fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1-2 centimeter of fresh ginger root.
- You need 100-150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- You need of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- You need of optional:.
- It’s 1 of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice. Pour the water over the vegetables and add the lentils. Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to make a special dish, indian red lentil soup with garam masala.
Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala instructions
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.
One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. Heat the vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, red lentils, ginger and salt to the pot.